Thursday, August 18, 2016

Cannot create a record in SysXppAssembly (SysXppAssembly). The record already exists.

I have done some changes in one class. That class is running on the server side. It is related to the service operations. The attribute SysEntryPointAttribute is used in that class method for decorate. This class is used for batch job process. The problem is that my changes are not reflecting.

The solution for this issue is that we need to do the incremental CIL. So, I tried the incremental CIL. But, I got one error message “Cannot create a record in SysXppAssembly (SysXppAssembly). The record already exists.”

I thought AOS restart will solve this issue, but not worked.

So, I did the following steps. It worked.

  1. Stop the AOS
  2. Navigate to the XppIL folder in your AOS server “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Server\YourAXInstanceName\bin\XppIL”
  3. Backup the files from the XppIL folder.
  4. Delete the files from the XppIL folder. Note: files only not sub folders.
  5. Restart the AOS
  6. The XppIL folder files will be created after the AOS restart


I tried the incremental CIL, Incremental CIL is completed successfully.

Whenever we created/modified the class that is used for batch job process, we need to do the incremental CIL.

Aug 19, 2018: I faced the same issue today. I tried to delete the XppIL folder files but no luck. My solution is not worked.

I found one post in the community, as per post I have done the following steps to resolve this issue.

  1. Stopped AOS service
  2. Deleted the XppIL folder files
  3. Truncated the model database SysXppAssembly table in the SQL management table (TRUNCATE TABLE SysXppAssembly).
  4. Started the AOS service


It created the files in the XppIL folder and also created the record in the SysXppAssembly table. Its worked.

Happy :)

1 comment :

  1. Hi Hariharan,

    Thank you for the post. It is indeed very helpful. I was trying few other things.

    I faced the same issue.

    However, instead of doing the above steps, I simply performed Full CIL and issue got resolved.

    Sincerely,
    Muneeb

    ReplyDelete